Wednesday, October 8, 2008

French Estate

Here is a sample of some of my current work - I have been running around the past few weeks trying to accessorize a model home that I am doing for a builder. This French estate is located in the heart of Preston Hollow in the Dallas area, most of the homes in this area have certain restriction on how far they need to sit back from the street and lot sizes that need to be maintained, so the area almost feels as if you aren't in the hustle and bustle of Dallas but really you are and everything is so close! This home is a palatial 14,000 square feet and includes a living, dining, great room, huge gourmet kitchen, theater, etc...the list goes on. I had a very limited budget on the furnishings and most of the items have been reused from previous models so please don't judge too harshly - and it is not quite finished. There are a few tweaks that need to be made! I will posting more photos in the next week or so as I finish the house up.


7 comments:

cotedetexas said...

so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pve design said...

Well, I truly thought that I was in France....tres chic!
I would love to see the couch facing the fire place and the chairs on either side....just an idea....but I love all the tones, textures and would love to see some birch logs in the fire-place and some sort of decorative screen. Lovely work!

avidHOME said...

Thank you both! I actually did try the sofa facing the fireplace first, it is hard to tell in the photo but the opening to the room is not centered to the room if that makes sense and did not allow for good traffic flow. I have been on the builder to get some logs in there as well, and unfortunately they didn't go for a screen since we are a teensy over budget!

Things That Inspire said...

I can't believe you are asking us to not judge this room too harshly...I think it is absolutely beautiful! I love the furniture placement, the prints on the wall, and the gracious feel about the whole room.

I lived in Dallas right after college, and I always thought that if I could live anywhere in Dallas, it would be in Preston Hollow. Even at the age of 22 I had grand aspirations!

I think the chandelier is pretty. Do you know who makes it? I am looking for a reproduction chandelier along these lines, and do not like anything that Currey and Visual Comfort offer.

Fifi Flowers said...

I would LOVE to have a French Estate!

avidHOME said...

Thank you! I have some pics to post when I get a minute. Things that Inspire...the chandelier is from mariana imports, www.marianaimports.com. And they have a great price point!

Things That Inspire said...

OK, revisiting this post. I would love to see a picture of the outside of the house! Now my question about the living room is answered - I love that arch that leads out of the other side. I like it when living rooms have a point of entry and a point of exit.

And now, Preston Hollow is in the national news with (in a few hours) former President Bush moving there! It's funny hearing the news call Preston Hollow a suburb, because I don't think of it that way. I lived in Carrollton, so I know what a suburb is!